This is seriously the best Shrimp ever! After testing out so many shrimp recipes I was able to come up with this very own unique recipe! My family is totally obsessed with this recipe, so I make this very often. it can be served super fast by cooking on a stove top or can be grilled on kebab sticks which tastes even better! It’s super easy and fast to make! Try this recipe and let it also become your families favorite!
Serves 2 as a meal, or 6-7 as an appetizer
- 2 lb shrimp uncooked ( i prefer to use devined with tail on, the large size shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon butter- sauce
- 1/4 of 8 ounce cream cheese-sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream-sauce
- minced garlic-sauce
- Garlic powder-sauce
- 2 Tbsp flour ( only if cooking shrimp on stove top)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of any oil
- paprika, green garnish and red pepper flakes optional
- Thaw shrimp, rinse and pat dry
- Lightly season with salt, pepper, paprika and red pepper flakes optional ( optional) or any of your favorite seasonings!
- To make the sauce, heat a pan with the 1 Tbsp of butter
- Once butter is melted add the cream cheese and press on it until completely melted and no more chunks.
- Add heavy cream and let it lightly boil
- Once boiling season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced garlic, Paprika( optional- gives the shrimp some color!), red pepper flakes( if you like spicy shrimp). Add a little of each and give the sauce a taste. It should not be over seasoned, but perfect to taste!
- Let sauce cool down a bit until slightly warm or room temperature. ( will cool down faster if you put the pan on cold water and give the sauce a mix a couple times!
- Once sauce is cooled, in a large bowl place your shrimp and mix with all the sauce very well!
- Add 2 Tbsp of flour to the bowl and mix very well!!( Note: if grilling shrimp DO NOT ADD FLOUR, it will make the shrimp super dry and burned! )
- Let Marinate for at least 1-2 hours. Could marinate as long as 24 hours
- Once marinated- heat up a large skillet with light oil just to coat the pan so the shrimp doesn’t stick to it ! On small-medium heat.
- Cook 1-2 minutes per side until shrimp turns pink
- turn each shrimp around to the other side and cook for 1-2 more minutes! DO NOT OVERCOOK OR SHRIMP WILL BE RUBBERY!!
- Toss in some chopped greens to garnish the shrimp ( like green union, parsley, basil and ect..)
- If wanting to grill the shrimp, then put about 4-5 shrimp on a kebab stick or depends how big your shrimp are. But make sure they are not tight!
- lightly spray oil on the grill and on low-medium heat grill one side 2 minutes turn around and grill the second side 2 minutes. Then do another round of turning around so that shrimps have cooked for about 8-10 minutes!
- If you need to make this ahead, then go ahead and do all these steps. Once shrimp has cooled down, leave in room temperature. Right before serving pre heat oven to 375 and warm up shrimp for no longer then 10 min until shrimp is hot!
ENJOY this amazing shrimp!! Like, comment for any questions! Follow my Instagram page for updates on recipes! @ secretrecipes2016