Hello, today i will be sharing my Delicious Alfredo Pasta Recipe! This is one of the easiest Alfredo recipes you will ever make! Perfect for a family dinner or a paty! This recipe could be made ahead of time and just preheated in the oven right before serving, but even better could be frozen up to 2 months, then thawed and preheated right before serving!! You guys will love this recipe! Also this recipe could be made with chicken, broccoli instead of shrimp. My family loves Shrimp so i usually make everything with shrimp 🙂 Enjoy, comment and follow for more recipes!
Serves 4-5 people or 10-12 as a side dish!
- 1 box 16 ounce Penne pasta ( could substitute with other pastas)
- 1- 8 ounce bag of Shrimp (i use the divined with tail on, but could use divined, peeled and even cooked shrimp)
- 2 tablespoon of butter
FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1.5 cups of heavy cream ( any kind works)
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter( salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese( could use fresh or grated in bag. I use the one on hand!)
- 1-1/2 tspoon of minced garlic( also garlic powder works fine!)
- salt, minced pepper and powdered garlic
- Thaw shrimp, if did not have the chance, just slightly boil so shrimp isn’t frozen!
- bring water to boil in a large pot and stir in in the pasta with 1/2-1 Tbsp of salt.(depends how much water in the pot.Water should be perfect to taste)
- While pasta is cooking, season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and garlic salt( shrimp should not be wet, but patted dry!)
- heat up 2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook the shrimp until pink, on both sides 1-2 min . DO NOT OVER COOK THE SHRIMP
- Once pasta is ready( really soft) drain and rinse with warm water and let the water drain completely!
- For the Alfredo sauce- in a saucepan or small pot melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter and add the cream cheese. Using a whisk, whisk until cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add minced garlic, some garlic salt, minced pepper and heavy cream. Let it all come to a boil
- Once boiling add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese! mix well until fully melted and boiling!
- Taste, does it need more salt,pepper or garlic?? now is the time to add if needed
- if sauce is too runny go ahead and add more cheese or if too thick add more heavy cream and wait till it boils again! If you dont want to add more cheese to thicken ( like me) just add 1 tablespoon of flour and just mix until smooth!
- Now to assemble everything, if you can’t wait to eat then the fastest way is to just toss in the shrimp, Alfredo sauce with the pasta and mix well! But if this dish is for a party what i do is assemble in a specific order. Use a nice baking dish or bowl,mix the pasta with 3/4 of the sauce. Spread 1/3 of the pasta into the dish then spread 1/3 of the shrimp evenly on top, and sprinkle generously with cheese. DO the same for the 2nd and 3rd layer. Once everything is in the dish spread the rest of the 1/4 sauce evenly on top over the shrimp pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
- At this point if this is ready to be served put it in the oven for 10-12 min uncovered at 375 or until cheese is melted on top!
- if you are prepping this for later on the day, then just cover and put away to the side and when ready to serve uncover and bake in the oven for 12-15 min. If you are making this the day before then once cooled down cover and refrigerate. And to warm up bake at 375 for about 30-35min! And if you are wanting to freeze it for another night( good in freezer up to 2 months) cover the dish tightly and then the night before serving let it thaw in fridge overnight and bake at 375 for 30-35 min or until fully melted and hot!
Comment down below for any questions or comments!! ENJOY!!:-)