I think everyone loves Olive Garden Zupa Toscana, so why not make it at home for so much cheaper?! And if you haven’t tried this soup, you are missing out big time! Super EASY, CHEAP to make, and yet so DELICIOUS!
Serves 8-9 people
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 lb Italian sausage hot or mild
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 bunch of kale about 3-4 cups chopped
- 1 large Onion
- 5-6 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cans of chicken broth (14.5ounce each)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- In a large pot mix all chicken broth and water and heat on medium heat.
- Chop up Union, mince the garlic and add to the pot.
- Wash and slice the potatoes to about 1/4 inch thickness
- slice the bacon to mini pieces and on a skillet on low-Med heat cook until crumbs but not too dry.
- Cut up the sausage to small pieces and also cook until ready on a skillet on medium heat and using a spatula break the pieces into smaller pieces while cooking.
- Once water in pot starts boiling add the potatoes. And season slightly with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile wash and chop the kale.
- When potatoes will be almost ready add in the bacon and sausage. Let it all cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until potatoes will be completely ready.
- Taste the soup at this point to see how much more salt, pepper or pepper flakes( if you like spicy) is needed.
- Lower the heat to low and add the heavy cream. Mix well. Let it boil and add the kale.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and taste one more time to make sure no more salt, pepper heavy cream or any other seasonings you preffer are needed !
- Sprinkle your bowl of soup with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy with a side of breadsticks ! ( breadsticks could be bought in any grocery store! No need to spend hours making dough 🙄)
- Enjoy, and don’t eat too much 😋☺️😆😉
Follow me on Instagram for updates on new recipes!! ➡️ @secretrecipes2016