I love, love comfort food!❤️ This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes! So tender, flavorful, and so simple to make. The best part is that you just toss it all into your slow cooker and forget about it for half a day. Add some mashed potatoes to make it a dinner meal!
Serves – 4
Ingredients: Pork chops and gravy
- 4 bone in or out pork chops ( bone in-tends to get more flavorful)
- 1 envelope chicken or pork gravy- gravy
- 7 ounces chicken broth- gravy
- 2 tbsp. cream of chicken or mushroom -gravy
- 1/2 Onion – gravy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream- gravy
- 1/2 cup water-gravy
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic- gravy
- salt pepper optional- gravy
Mashed potatoes ingredients
- Potatoes large 5-6
- salt and pepper
- cream cheese 2 ounce
- sour cream 2 tbsp
- heavy cream 1/4 cup
- fresh parsley or basil chopped or minced
- Rinse and pat dry pork chops and place in slow cooker
- Make the gravy- first chop up onion
- In a large saucepan add chicken broth, heavy cream, water and let come to boil
- Add 1 envelope chicken or pork gravy and mix well
- Add cream of chicken or mushroom and union mix well again
- Add minced garlic and onion.
- Taste and see if salt pepper needed. Should be perfect to taste.
- Pour the gravy into slow cooker and turn on low for 5-6 hours
- Now forget about your pork chops for the next 5-6 hours.
- 30 min before pork chops are done start on mashed potatoes
- peel and clean potatoes. Cut into 4 pieces each and place into pot.
- Add water to pot to fill just to the top of potatoes, Add 1/4-1/2 tbsp. of salt and mix.
- cook on medium heat.
- While potatoes are cooking in a small pan add cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and fresh parsley or basil. Mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Once potatoes are soft. Use a hand mixer or a masher to mash up the potatoes.
- Add the sauce we made for potatoes and mix again until well combined. This sauce makes the potatoes so creamy. Yumm!!
- Once pork chops are done. on a plate place some potato, pork chop and gravy over both. The more, the better!!😋😋☺️
MSG, Comment for any questions, and follow for more delicious recipes! Also follow my instagram page for more updates ➡️@secretrecipes2016