Honey Lime shrimp is one of my favorite shrimp recipes. These shrimps have so much flavor, and are so simple and easy to make! I usually use the peeled and divined shrimp when I make these for myself, so that I don’t have to do extra work before popping them right in my mouth😌😋 But when I make these for guests or for a party I use the ones with tail on to make them more appealing. Also I love spicy shrimp, so I always add red pepper flakes to all of my shrimp, so if your like me then I definitely recommend to sprinkle some over the shrimp!
Serves 2 or 5-6 as a side dish
- 1 pound shrimp- peeled and divined, tail on- optional
- juice of 1/2 a large lime
- 3-4 tbsp. of Honey
- 1/6 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp. of flour( if you want to grill the shrimp then do NOT use any flour! It will burn the shrimp and make them super dry!)
- 3 garlic cloves
- zest of lime- optional
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- pepper flakes- optional but highly recommended!!
- Thaw, rinse and pat dry shrimp In a large bowl add olive oil, pepper flakes, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper to your shrimp and mix well
- add honey and lime juice. Mix well again.( make sure sauce isn’t runny and coats the shrimp)
- Add 2 tbsp. of flour. Mix well. Add more flour if needed to coat better.( flour helps the sauce stay on shrimp when cooking)
- Place the shrimp with all the sauce in a Ziploc bag and close tightly letting all the air out. Place in fridge to marinate for ATLEAST 3 hours but no more then 12 hours.
- Switch sides occasionally to make sure all if the shrimp are getting marinated well.
- Once shrimp have marinated, heat up a large skillet on medium heat. No oil needed! ( shrimp already have olive oil)
- cook shrimp with all the sauce for about 1 min per side, or until shrimp are ready.
Enjoy this amazing recipe of shrimp!!!😋☺️
Follow me on my instagram page to get more updates on my blog! @secretrecipes2016